Home Organization Challenge - Pantry Organization



So I am one of those people who look at what everyone else has done to organize their home and then I pick and choose little details of their systems for my own. My niece and great nephew just moved in with me and our little pantry is now BUSTING at the seams! Our pantry is less than 2 feet wide, but it is deep which creates a problem for me. I get so frustrated having to move everything out of the way to reach the boxes/cans in the back. We can’t see what canned goods we do have so we end up with multiples of everything we already have. Somehow we have accumulated 3 GIANT jars of peanut butter. Don’t get me wrong, I love peanut butter just as much as I do chocolate, but I don’t think we can go through this much peanut buttery goodness any time soon! So I have culled through numerous Pinterest pins and blog posts and have come up with my most favorite solutions:

(For those of you who don’t know, I am a photographer and “cull” is a word that photogs use to describe the process of going through photos and picking out the best ones to edit and/or keep.)


I love the stenciled backdrop in the pantry above as well as how uncluttered this pantry looks!


We have wired shelves in our pantry as well and I absolutely think this is the most clever idea EVER! Jen from iHeart Organizing covered foam board in pretty contact paper to give each of her wire shelves a sturdy base. 


Jen's pantry looks to be about the same width as my own pantry which is what makes her pantry so inspiring to me. I love the produce bins and snack buckets. The biggest tip I took from her pantry organization was to take all of our snacks out of their individual boxes and place them into one basket. It eliminates a ton of unused space! I know from experience that the over the door pantry shelving unit comes in handy when your pantry is so tiny. It is especially handy if you are living with roommates and need to keep food separated by person. 


This expandable 3 tiered can shelve is awesome! It expands up to twice its size to fit any size shelf and is a great example of an organizing solution that allows for organizational expansion when necessary. I picked one up at Big Lots the other day for only $4.50! 

Out of all the searching I have done, baskets are the number one solution I have seen for pantry organization especially for pantries with deep shelves. One thing I would recommend is to measure the length, depth and height between shelves before you purchase baskets/bins so you can make sure to find baskets that fit perfectly.  Look for baskets that utilize the most amount of space. Baskets with straight sides or only a small slant to them will minimize the amount of unusable space between baskets.


Update: Since I posted this I found this amazing idea! Use command velcro strips and under the sink caddies to store/sort all of the small items getting lost in your pantry.

 Here are some awesome FREE printable labels from World Label blog and were designed by Dian Amriani of Qidsignproject.

Check back soon to see photos of my panty organization. Happy organizing!

Please note that we do not receive commission in anyway for the promotion of content from other websites/blogs. The intent and purpose of all information in this post is merely for reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment